Most of you will know Malachy as being General Manager right here at Dunadry Hotel and Gardens, but did you know that we have a golf captain on our hands?
Our Malachy has been a member of Massereene Golf Club since 1981 (a very impressive 38 years) and now in 2019 he is the Captain of Massereene Golf Club.
So, let’s hear a bit on what Malachy has achieved in his 38 golfing years;
- Lowest handy cap is a single figure
- He played at Royal Portrush in the North of Ireland Competition in the early 80s.
- Winner of the Vauxhall Mixed Partners at Royal Portrush, which he won a 4 day stay at Gleneagles Hotel in Scotland (he told us all you golfers will be very familiar with that hotel).
- Ulster Finalist in 1983 at Royal County Down.
You can see that Malachy has had quite the golfing experiences especially at Royal Portrush, which just so happens to be hosting the 148th Open this year.
So, we thought why not ask him a couple of questions about it.
- What’s your outside tip of the open?
- Who would be in your ideal Fourball?
Myself, Rory McIIroy Sergio Garcia and Justin Rose
- What would you say to anyone thinking about coming to Northern Ireland on a golf trip?
Do it. We are truly spoilt for choice in terms of courses, from 9 holes to 18. Including Royal Portrush and Massereene Golf Club which I would describe as a hidden gem. Then you have the likes of Co, Sligo Golf Club at Rosses Point – there are so many great courses on the whole island of Ireland.
- What do you enjoy so much about golf?
I love the friendships that you make, whether it be at matches or at the Clubhouse, they are lasting friendships.
Click Here To View Our Golf Packages